fbpx
RU EN PL UK

House-estate of Kotlyarevsky, Poltava

In the land of the Ukrainian, in the glorious city of Poltava on Ivanovo Hill stands the most real Ukrainian hut. There is a barn near the hut, a barn and a well with a crane, and around - a tune twisted with flowers. Behind the hut proudly stands the old Assumption Cathedral, and in front of it a white rotunda, beyond which glistens the river Vorskla.

And this hut is not at all simple, and the building itself and the whole environment is the house-museum of the famous Ukrainian poet Ivan Kotlyarevsky.

This writer's estate has not survived to this day. In 1969 year, announced for the decision of UNESCO by the year of I. Kotlyarevsky, on the occasion of the 200-year anniversary of the poet with the help of the watercolor sketch of TG Shevchenko, the memorial complex was restored - the manor. The house, the barn, the barn, the well with the crane - everything is reproduced according to the recollections of the poet's contemporaries. In this house the writer lived his whole life. The house-estate belonged to the father of the writer, and before that - the grandfather, who served as a deacon in the Assumption Cathedral.

Judging by the old-Slavic figures, cut out on a bog, the house was stitched back in 1705 year. According to the deed - the house became the property of the Kotlyarevsky family in 1751 year. The writer, who inherited from his father's house, has rebuilt a little to suit his needs, so that it would be convenient to work and rest. One of the five small rooms served as the master cabinet and bedroom. In it stood a bed, a desk and a bookcase, in which books of Roman and French authors were kept. On the shelves you could see the works of Voltaire, the Russian translations of Lafonette, Cooper, Lesage, Walter Scott. The collection was supplemented by books by Russian authors and periodical subscription publications (Northern Bee, Son of the Fatherland, Herald of Europe, Library for Reading, Well-intentioned, Competitor).

The writer loved to rest on the porch with a balustrade, which could be left from the living room. From the balcony there was a magnificent view of Vorskla. The writer lived very modestly. In the living room there was a sofa, several armchairs and chairs. On the wall hung a portrait of the owner of the house, painted in oil colors, and two paintings by the masters of the Flemish school. Between the pictures the old clock was amazed, on the dial of which Adam and Eve were depicted near the tree of "knowledge of good and evil." On the window-sills there were flowers in clay pots. The poet's house is a typical Ukrainian dwelling of the 18th - early 20th centuries. XIX centuries. The building consists of five small rooms. Along the owner's office there is an original ballet under the ceiling, on which you can read in Cyrillic: "This house was created in the name of the father and the Holy Spirit. Amen. Rock 1705 months of August 1. "

In the restored house-manor some separate parts from the old house are built in, and the whole construction corresponds exactly to the constructions of the 18 century. The house has five rooms with small windows and wooden shutters. In the rooms are a few preserved personal belongings of the writer: a chest of drawers, a mirror, a pawnshop table, a picture; The rest of the furniture of the rooms is typological things, known from the memoirs of contemporaries. The house where the writer lived, after his death passed from hand to hand, was repeatedly rebuilt. In 1845, Poltava was visited by T. Shevchenko and made a drawing of the manor. At that time, she was still like when the poet was alive. In the figure, the hut is depicted against the background of the Assumption Cathedral (view from the Vorskla River). There is another picture depicting the original house of Kotlyarevsky, this is the lithography of artist R. Mellin, on which the house is shown from the gate.

The reconstruction of the house-estate of Kotlyarevsky was supervised by the architect V.M. Tertiary. There are five rooms in the writer's house: an office, a light-house, a living room, a housekeeper's room and a kitchen. When building a house used individual parts from the old house: swaths with inscriptions and without, part of the wooden porch. In the office are a sofa table, a bookcase. In the living room there is a table, a cupboard, chairs, an armchair, a jardiniere. In the economy room there are collected memorial things - an ice-cream table, a mirror, a chest of drawers for linen. The hall is decorated with tables, a sofa, a leather armchair. On the wall hang an old clock and a picture of an unknown Flemish painter 17 century "The Spaniard Holds a Cancer", owned by Ivan Kotlyarevsky. The kitchen is filled with ancient things dating back to the late eighteenth - early nineteenth century: a table, a bench, bowls, embroidered towels.

The attention of tourists is attracted by the original swap, taken from an old hut, on which the inscription in the Old Slavonic language was preserved. "This house was created in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen. Rock 1705, the month of August I ". And on the wall in the corridor posted "literary rarity" - a list of serfs, who called the "revision tale." The very list on which Gogol wrote his famous novel Dead Souls.

Do you want to keep abreast of all the news and not miss interesting tours?

Subscribe to the newsletter and you will be the first to know about our offers!